The Consul General visits Seattle: Watch the video on Youtube!
The Video is available on YouTube Youtube.
View all the photos on Picasa Picasa
On a trip in the City of Emeralds from Monday December 6th to Wednesday December 8th, the French Consul General had the opportunity to meet many French people who live and work in this very dynamic region of the United States.
- 93.3 kb
- Norbert Gaillard (Safran), Michael Bangue-Tandet (Messier-Dowty), Thomas Durollet (Messier-Bugatti), Jack Cowan (consul honoraire), M. et Mme Romain Serman, Jacques de Noray
Employees from the enterprise Messier-Bugatti (groupe Safran) - one of the principal suppliers for Boeing - like the representatives from l’Alliance Française, the Consul General expressed what he considered to be the priorities for his actions : to be at the service of the French community within the distrinct. A service that notably improves in series to come : simplify the procedure of issuing passport, increase the frequency of consular visits, increase the presentation of the website that opens up numerous advantages to all the ten states in the precinct... our very efficient honorary consul in Seattle, M. Jack Cowan, in addition to the president of the Chambre de Commerce du Pacifique-Nord-Ouest, remains the privileged point of contact for the French community for all particular questions.
- 98.8 kb
- Avec les représentants de Boeing et M. Norbert Gaillard, senior vice president de Safran.
Tuesday the 8th, Mr. Romain Serman visited the famous Microsoft entreprise, where many of the employees are French Nationals. Welcomed by Mr. Vahe Torossian, corporate vice president, and by a delegated group of French youth, the Consul general admired the "House of the Future" in such awe of the imagination the engineers of the Seattleite Society obtain. The visit was followed by exchanges that notably brought educational aspects in development and facilitation of steps to take towards a diversified administration. The principle of information sessions by "webcast" was greatly recieved.
- 116.8 kb
- Mike McGinn, maire de Seattle, et Romain Serman, consul général de France pour les États du Nord Ouest
In a warm meeting with the mayor of Seattle, M. Mike McGinn, numerous perspectives of cultural cooperation were summoned upon; one of which Mr. McGinn was very enthusiastic about is a seasonal period where many French events will take place.
During a visit of the Picasso exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum, who permitted more than 200,000 people to benefit from the entire collection from the Salais Hotel National Picasso Museum in Paris, new perspectives of collaboration were found with the direction ofSAM, of which a lovely exposition was dedicated to Paul Gauguin anticipated for the beginning of 2011.
- 77.5 kb
- M. Romain Serman, M. Derrick Cartwright directeur du SAM, Mme Laura Serman
The Consul général has moveover reaffirmed his support from French associations as well as Exterior Business advisors of the French plants in Washington; the numerous projects in process could benefit with the support of the French authorities.
Accompanied by the Cultural Attaché to the Consulate, Mr. Denis Bisson, Mr. Serman visited two French schools of the region who face an increasing demand for more classes due to the rising population of French people in the community. This could eventually lead to an extension of their study programs and schools (French Immersion School of Washington et French American School Puget Sound.
- 80 kb
- Le Consul général et Mme Romain Serman en compagnie de Mme Marie-Ange Wood, directrice d’Alliance Française, et de Mathilde Brunon, stagiaire
French presence in Seattle : find all the information on special page.
The scheduled program for the visit :
- 12:00am- 1:30pm : Lunch with the officers of the French Aeronautical Industry, organized by the SAFRAN group
- 2:00pm- 5:00pm : Tour the Boeing factory
- 3:15pm-3:45pm : Tour of Messier-Bugatti
- 3:45pm-4:45pm : Meet the French workers of the Aeronautical Industry
- 6:00pm-8:00pm : Meet the French community of Seattle at the Alliance Française
- 8:30pm- 10:30pm : Dinner with representatives from French Associations
- 9:00am-10:00am : Tour of Microsoft
- 10:00am-11:00am : Meet the Microsoft French community
- 1:30pm- 4:30pm : Interview with the Mayor of Seattle, M. Mike Mc Ginn
- 1:30pm-4:30pm : Visit the Art Museum of Seattle
- 6:30pm-8:45pm : Reception CFMI
- 9:00pm : Dinner with the French Exterior Business Advisors
- 8:45am–9:15am : Tour of the French Immersion School of Washington
- 9:30am-10:00am : Tour of the French American School Puget Sound
Follow all the news in the Francophile community on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/FranceInSF